Friday, October 3, 2008

Sloghing off

Sloughing off…

I have begun the possessions molting. I have sold extra tires, my TV and other items. I will be having my big moving sale next weekend. I can’t wait. I am selling everything that does not fit in my car. This money will fund my gasoline, but I will have to work along the way for other expenses. This multi-state journey will end up in Atlanta, where I will be visiting my brother. He is older than me and has had some serious health issues. I want to spend some time with him and my sister before I leave for Samoa next summer. Who knows, maybe I will enjoy the teaching so much that I will continue on to other countries and do more volunteer work. The one challenge will be leaving my 2 dogs. They are my children and I will have to figure out how to get them overseas eventually.

I look forward to sharing photography and stories from the road with all of you. I know that this may be a scary time for people between the Wall Street Welfare and the upcoming elections, but maybe you too should consider living a more simple life and do some volunteer work abroad. This is the PERFECT time to get out of the country for a while and learn new skills and share your lives with others. I am not talking about giving up on all that you have planned on, but maybe your plans weren’t the best? I know mine were not. Living in Alaska and really trying to live a more basic lifestyle has been very difficult, but now I really enjoy it and have lost so many of the irrational concerns I used to have. I am not preaching- I am merely suggesting that maybe you are ready for a change too!

More to come
by
www.caseyrcorbin.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey dude, wow, this trip soinds amazing.

When are you coming to Canada? Where are you going in Canada? You have to come to Whistler. I;ll be back in Canada November 17 so make sure you come by...
Mich :)